tips

General purpose topics/chat goes in here

tips

Post by 1608 »

Anyone got any tips for using a new but badly punctured ( 1/2" hole )inner tube. Mine punctured on the way home from the rally. Seems a shame to bin it.
Peter Morris

Re: tips

Post by Peter Morris »

Cut up for strong elastic bands? ;)
Merlin

Post by Merlin »

In my younger days cut a length off with vale in it, tie one end round a cable add a little oil, tie tuther end off, you have a cable oiler.

ps you need to put a little pressure in it.
Chemists do it with test tubes
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

1608 wrote:Anyone got any tips for using a new but badly punctured ( 1/2" hole )inner tube. Mine punctured on the way home from the rally. Seems a shame to bin it.
This may be of interest pick up on the web.

Policy Changes

As from the first of December 2017.

Any classic bike the is over loaded with excess weight over the rear wheel. IE carrying loads that make the bike unstable and excreting more weight than listed in the original owners handbook will no longer be covered for a rear wheel deflation .
Roy
thornebt

Post by thornebt »

I made a nice battery retaining strap for my Matchless using the original metal parts from the old perished strap. However, that was made from a bicycle innertube - probably 1.25" using double thickness. Cheers. Bruce.
thornebt

Post by thornebt »

G15 Roy wrote:
1608 wrote:Anyone got any tips for using a new but badly punctured ( 1/2" hole )inner tube. Mine punctured on the way home from the rally. Seems a shame to bin it.
This may be of interest pick up on the web.

Policy Changes

Any classic bike the is over loaded with excess weight over the rear wheel. IE carrying loads that make the bike unstable and excreting more weight than listed in the original owners handbook will no longer be covered for a rear wheel deflation .
Do classic bike owners handbooks generally specify a maximum load weight? Don't they normally just show the weight of the bike? Cheers. Bruce.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Use elastic bands on tent/pegs. Carry a few in toolbox for make shift, stand / kick starter spring, extend or make bungee strap. Tool roll. Large piece with slits to hold tools, roll up and secure with bands to fit tool box. When I still worked ( in the wood working trade ) I used the valves in the top of a squeegee washing up liquid container. For white wood glue. Remove the actual valve. Insert the valve secured on the outside with nut or ferrule, cap to seal when not in use.
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

"excreting more weight"

Whow - nthat could be interesting if you are riding behind the motorcycle on a run!

What about the comparative weights of the rider (said the athletic 12 1/4 stone chap)

Johnny B
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

Peter Morris wrote:Cut up for strong elastic bands? ;)
That'll teach me to be flippant, just nipped a brand new tube putting a tyre on :roll: At least it's a comp bike so I can cut a band out of it to fix the back of the tank.
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

G15 Roy wrote: This may be of interest pick up on the web.

Policy Changes

Take the tent etc off the bike before calling recovery, sorted!