tips

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Janet

Re: tips

Post by Janet »

56G80S wrote:"excreting more weight"

Whow - nthat could be interesting if you are riding behind the motorcycle on a run!
BSAs do it all the time. If they're not leaking oil they're dropping bits all over the road.

I'd be interested to see which policy ( or is it all?) this came from. Accepting that an overloaded and badly loaded bike can be dangerous, at what point does the insurance company weigh the load? My 250cc Honda has a total maximum load capacity of 28 stone. That means Glyn and I are far too heavy to go two-up on it, (and any other of my bikes) even without any added luggage. Suffice to say, I have never carried a passenger other than Ted.
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

Cut into 1" bands and use to keep ratchet straps together.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Two topics running here now.
On the insurance one.
For vehicle weight limits, 2/3rds of kerb weight is often used in calculating. So a pillion passenger would need to be less than about 14 stone. Even lighter on a lightweight, and much smaller bikes. But if the law does state, as stated in the manufacturers handbook, how can it be applied if the manufacturer does not give a figured required. Some else for FBHVC to act upon and advise.