GoPro cameras

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
duffy55

GoPro cameras

Post by duffy55 »

Has anybody got any experience of using a GoPro camera? I saw some in use at the Jampot this year, but never got round to chatting to the owners! Also, what is the best mounting method?
vincentvv

Re: GoPro cameras

Post by vincentvv »

Hello Duffy,

Maxim and me both used a gopro on our helmets at the international jampot this year. When you buy one it will be delivered with little mounting plates wich you can stick to your helmet or anything you want the camera mounting on. It's quite tricky to get the lens pointing in a correct way when you are riding since you bend your head slightly while driving you should be carefull you don't film to much downwards. There are several mounting possibilities for a gopro, you have suction cups to put it on your car, sort of clamping systems to mount on your steering wheel.... Endless possibillities. You can watch our movie we made on the jampot this year, could give you a idea how the footage looks like while driving a wobbly matchless.

greetings,

Vincent!
Not fired is always a misser!
duffy55

Post by duffy55 »

Thanks for getting back to me. I am off to India next year, and wondering about getting a GoPro to share my journey!
vincentvv

Post by vincentvv »

If you are making such a trip you will have to buy one! I suggest when you buy a gopro you also buy the gopro flymount. Also take notice you will also need to buy a SD memory card, when filming on HD it eats some gigabytes away.
Not fired is always a misser!
helloluketurner

Post by helloluketurner »

I borrowed my old mans a few time when I nipped back home. That's filmed on the GoPro Hero4 Silver but I could never get the audio quite right.

Mounted to the chin of my old Bell Bullitt. A lot of people side mount their cameras but I prefer the centre view.. feels more accurate to what you see when riding.
leswaller

Post by leswaller »

The biggest problem I have found with the GoPro is the battery life, you will be lucky to get 2 hours and then it needs 6-8 hours recharging
Les
Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of the wise
Expat

Post by Expat »

Have mounted mine at times on the G3 using a handlebar clamp with it set to show the speedo in lower part of the shot, makes for interesting viewpoint with the road and countryside stretching ahead.

On my FJR with the Hero 4, I use the suction mount low down on the side of the fairing which adds a bit of drama with the front wheel whizzing round, sometimes with a remote mic mounted on the rear number plate to capture the rorty Beowulf exhaust sounds. Always have a secure tether attached just in case the suction lets go. :o

Playing video back at home is guaranteed to send wifey to sleep, or out of the room. :lol: :lol:
Keep shiny side up.

These are my principles, if you don’t like them, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
altette

Post by altette »

That's a great little video - very nice bikes....
Ozmadman

Post by Ozmadman »

A ride on my lightweight using a chest harness. A bit long but enjoy

Last edited by Ozmadman on Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
Steve S

Post by Steve S »

Brilliant film!

Love the exhaust note, how did you record that Paul?

Steve S.