Jampot Rally

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Peter Morris

Jampot Rally

Post by Peter Morris »

Huge thanks to all involved with the running of the Jampot Rally, a great weekend.

All of of your hard work is very much appreciated.

Peter & Christine
SPRIDDLER

Re: Jampot Rally

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Yep, brilliant few days as the Jampot was everything it should be; great bikes, superb runs out, excellent site, old and new faces, lots of banter, fantastic weather
plus grub and a bar. First class.

Really, really hot on Sunday, so after the 40+ mile ride through the lanes, a pub lunch and walking around the stunning riverside Bourton on-the-Water with an ice cream in riding gear the short ride back to camp to strip off was much appreciated!
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

Yes good rally, especially considering the few people who organised it!
alanengineer

Post by alanengineer »

Yes, super rally, and many thanks to 'the few' whoever you are.
kernow kid

Post by kernow kid »

Due to work and eldests 18th on the Sunday, I was unable to attend the rally this year, but mum and dad were able to pop in on the Sunday. They now live near Cheltenham, so arrived about 10am and were made very welcome by the lady and gent in the reception tent. Whilst not currently members, dad was and helped out with the Okehampton and Launceston rallies back in the day.
The staff in the rugby club were also very accommodating and friendly.
Dad was very pleased to see the bikes set off and he got a few pictures.
Please pass on my thanks to all involved with this year's rally and for the warm welcome they extended to mum and dad.
Regards kk
Top tip - if it needs more than 2 bolts to hold it on, its probably important...
Stan Palmer

Post by Stan Palmer »

Rally was thoroughly enjoyed by myself and son. I haven't been since the Kent one about five years ago, mainly because I had difficulty getting off the 16MS after a run. The little rigid Matchless solved that, and gives a suitably classic ride at anything above 20MPH. I did my best to fail to attend: arriving back from the petrol station the Tuesday before, the engine (brand new inside) appeared to have expired. I stripped it down as far as piston out, everything intact and measured up nicely. A family inquest resulted in the discovery that I had accidentally filled the tank with diesel. All back together, but excited kicking over had bruised my leg to the extent that the knee was twice normal size and very painful. Overnight painkillers meant I could stand at least, so we came. Glad we did, a bit of pain is nothing compared to missing out for another year !
Stan
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

SPRIDDLER wrote:Yep, brilliant few days as the Jampot was everything it should be; great bikes, superb runs out, excellent site, old and new faces, lots of banter, fantastic weather
plus grub and a bar. First class.

Really, really hot on Sunday, so after the 40+ mile ride through the lanes, a pub lunch and walking around the stunning riverside Bourton on-the-Water with an ice cream in riding gear the short ride back to camp to strip off was much appreciated!

Errrrrmmm...........
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

Really enjoyed the rally. Great runs, well marshalled, through lovely countryside. Shame Johnny didn't make it but nice to meet up with Peter and Spriddler.
Many thanks to Dave, Bill and all the other helpers.
Dave and Rose.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Peter Morris wrote: Errrrrmmm...........
:oops: A chap can get uncomfortably hot around the Cotswolds. ;)
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Expat

Post by Expat »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Especially around the hillocks!
Keep shiny side up.

These are my principles, if you don’t like them, I have others. (Groucho Marx)