Jampot Rally

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Janet

Re: Jampot Rally

Post by Janet »

The rally were reet grand. I even managed a ride out on my bike. Dave Ayers, assisted by his hardworking cohorts did an excellent job.
dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

Just trying to learn how to post pictues on here, so sent a picture of Saltbox Alf's CSR at the rally. Also nice to meet you Alf!
Dave.
Expat

Post by Expat »

Nice, tidy looking bike.

Don't know about Alf, haven't had the opportunity to meet yet. :D :D :D
Keep shiny side up.

These are my principles, if you don’t like them, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

It was good to see you again too Dave, we'll have to have more of a chat next year, and 'Alf' with his CSR, had the pleasure of being behind him on the Sunday run... good rider to follow and added bonus of the sweet smell of Castrol R all the way there!
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

That reminds me Peter to put some R in the tank of my newly re-acquired Matchless G8.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Great rally and good weather. Having missed last years, I did not think I would be up to it this year, even though distance was only a mere 110 miles. So glad I made it this year. Never took a bike though. Still nice to just get there and meet up with old friends. Never went until Saturday and only camped the one night. Looking forward to next year now, with a more positive feeling of actually getting there.
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

39speedtwin wrote:That reminds me Peter to put some R in the tank of my newly re-acquired Matchless G8.
You must be chuffed to get it back Dudley, I've been looking for my old G5 for 36 years.
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

Yes Peter, it was running well on the Friday, that is until the spark plug came out! Spoke to the man that I got it back from, he took the plug out to check it but then forgot to fully tighten it. However completed the Sunday run without problems thanks to a new plug from JT.
saltbox alf
Deceased

Post by saltbox alf »

Well thankee most kindly. what an excellent rally and so good to meet friends and make some new friends :beer: never is enough time to really get to know people, however the camaraderie is a real boost, as in my case living somewhat 'far away' it means a lot.
Many thanks to Dave for the picture. I know with cameras you can have filters, did you use an oil filter :lol: the poor ole girl does dribble a bit, kick shaft and a bit from the cylinder base, depending on the weather and temperature :? Weird!

The ballades/ runs were super and Sunday the 'section Francaise' were mostly in line astern, apart from the odd blat up the road when clear. Very good to have 3 twins on the go. thanks to Bill Brown and Patrick Faugere.

I would also like to say thank you for the surprise at the presentations, I was truly lost for words (a great sigh of relief from one and all :rofl: ) and not just a little touched :oops:

All in all a great time!
Allons-y, amis de Matchless et AJS