Scissor Stand

Post by Ozmadman »

Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
Stan Palmer

Re: Scissor Stand

Post by Stan Palmer »

looks like they might be out of stock. The site says 'page cant be found'. The item comes up in google search 'Frost Scissor-stand' and does indeed look useful, but again clicking on it goes to 'page cant be found'. I have one for dirt bikes which is too high to get under a classic, and too low a load rating. Also the hydraulic scissors type which got kicked into touch about the fifth time I tripped over the protruding mechanics (plus too heavy to store for occasional use). Something low enough to get under, with just enough lift to get the wheels out would be ideal. I use my trolley jack but it is precarious.
Stan
Stan Palmer

Post by Stan Palmer »

Found one on ebay at 34.99. I think it will be very useful
Stan
Bogwheel

Post by Bogwheel »

Old scissor jack, as found in any self respecting shed/garage/old car boot. 1" square tube X 2 X 12" and 1 X 6".
Form X with 2 12" bits, weld to bottom of jack. Weld 6" length to top of jack. Job's a good 'un. Time, one hour? cost, nothing.
Mine's done me for years. (The older I get, the more I use it). Pic's too big to download.
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi

That's given me food for thought - thanks Crackon - not sure how you are mounting two tubes in 'X' form without rocking but I can see me with a lift after the next boot sale visit :beer:

Regards Mick
Bogwheel

Post by Bogwheel »

rsz_imgp0299.jpg
Another go. If it works it may give someone something to work on. (Check for stability!)Ah. I give up, reduced by 50%, loads, but it's huge. Sod it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pkr87

Post by pkr87 »

Crackon. Why the heck didn't I think of that, well done sir. I've 2 or 3 of these old jacks lying around so the next time I have the welder out I shall be making one of these. I just hope you have not patented the idea, thankyou.Paul
uktom77

Post by uktom77 »

Been thinking of buying the £35 version but now I like the idea of welding up one of my own creation. Excellent idea. Cheers!