Classic Bike Show

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Davidmac

Classic Bike Show

Post by Davidmac »

Is anybody going to the Classic Bike show at Peterborough on 28& 29 October.
Stuoyb

Re: Classic Bike Show

Post by Stuoyb »

Club stand will be there with the draw for the bike being done on the Sunday.
Janet

Post by Janet »

I'm planning on being there, at least for the Sunday and possibly for Saturday if I'm required.
Triumph-Legend

Post by Triumph-Legend »

The local VMCC have already started listing bikes for their stand. There was a good showing last year. I have offed a 53 G80 and a modified 50 G3LC, (like many comp bikes it has been enhanced over the years). Still flies though and it's got new spokes in the wheels. Now that's posh.

BUT, There were no AMC twins to be seen at all. (they can't all be broken down can they?) :rofl: A couple on the club stand would be nice along with any other AMC bikes.

Tear arsing about the car park after the event is definitely not allowed. So don't get caught. :rofl:

Just a note.
Last year the VMCC were asked to provide show bikes. Local VMCC Chairman Gary told them that we did not have show bikes only bikes that get ridden on a regular basis. So if you are concerned about putting a bike on show because it may not be a gleaming trailer queen, don't worry you are in good company. Yes the bikes are fairly clean and probably given a wipe over, but most visitors very much appreciate that these machines still being used and enjoyed. It often surprises me how many times people make offers to buy bikes on show. Hmm, would it be worth having one or two bikes over from Kettering. Just a thought.
Stuoyb

Post by Stuoyb »

As the entries have to be made some time in advance, exhibits for the club stand have already been notified to the organisers thanks to Fen Runners and Poachers Sections.
Triumph-Legend

Post by Triumph-Legend »

Stuoyb wrote:As the entries have to be made some time in advance, exhibits for the club stand have already been notified to the organisers thanks to Fen Runners and Poachers Sections.

Ah, So no chance of any overly polished trailer queens then. :rofl:
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Hmm, would it be worth having one or two bikes over from Kettering. Just a thought.[/quote]
Since Neil retired as exhibts officer, we still have not had a replacement come forward. So officially we have no one to hump all the show stand gear and bikes to the show. I am sure those that have offered to help in putting on a club stand at Peterborough, plus other committee members doubling / trebling up on their committee roles, would welcome help, in particular some one to become exhibits officer.
I am now considered too old for such jobs. I am indeed not fit enough anymore. However, I have always come as part of a team. That team being myself wife and 40 year old son. All 3 of us having attended shows / events, my wife committee meetings also, for 30 years. My son did have a committee position himself with another club when in his 20's. His C & G qualifications of desk top publishing & design etc. were put to use producing magazines.