West Kent weekend

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
G15 Roy

West Kent weekend

Post by G15 Roy »

Just back from the VMCC West Kent weekend which was a thoroughly good show - lots of AJS and Matchless bikes on the run, many AMOC club members, the Kent section did us proud with their section stand and hospitality. This is a show not to be missed next year! There were three prestigious awards: Dudley with his v twin, Duncan with his rudge and Peter with his g15.
Roy
GOLDSTAR

Re: West Kent weekend

Post by GOLDSTAR »

yup 'twas a good show Roy, the very good weather helped I think, however the overseas contingent seemed smaller than previous years whadda you think? I'm also told, though this is not to alarm anyone, the site is being considered for sale and development maybe the VMCC lads will have to look elsewhere. shame though. kind regards
ps Orange just aint your colour! :rofl:
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

I think they will need all the help that can get from him above on the planing side and let's hope he can't help. Did the orange make me blush :lol: or just look younger?
Roy
shifter

Post by shifter »

Sounds as a good time was had champion would have loved to be there, My daughter and I took the G2 csr and the Model 20 to a local vintage show this weekend it was good with lots of bikes/cars/tractors/ along with all sorts of machinery pity ours were the only Amc bikes there.
Last edited by shifter on Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
?
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

A brilliantly organised rally and a great club display by Kent section. 17 from Sussex had a really good time, plus a bit of the necessary riding. I enjoyed having another go at riding adapted Marigold, (just around the camping field), fortunately with only minor injuries.
Long after dark in the wee small hours of Rum o'clock a fortified Chopper Jackson won the award for producing the highest flame out of his home-made Calor cylinder furnace.
2017-08-05 WKRun 2017 006 (480x319) (480x319).jpg
2017-08-05 WKRun 2017 008 (480x319).jpg

(Edited due to P/bucket photos malfunction).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
pkr87

Post by pkr87 »

I took my 16mc on the run ,it's 13th time on this event, and rode it too quickly as usual. I had fitted a new clutch cable which decided to seize so I had to try clutch less gear changes which caused a few problems at road junctions. Instead of having coffee and a bun at the coffee stop I put the old cable back onto the bike and had a lovely run through the lanes afterwards. A couple of the Dutch riders thought their Triumphs would be quicker away from road junctions than an AJS trials bike with trials gearing and tried to overtake on the inside, foolish boys! but at least they waved as they passed me on the next straight. On Sunday I even had the chance to ride my Norman Nippy around the site.A couple of lovely days out. Sorry to miss you Spriddler I did look out for you but there you were, gone!Paul
GOLDSTAR

Post by GOLDSTAR »

pop the orange monster on 'ere so we can all have a larf :lol: ! er sorry I mean look. kind regards
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

GOLDSTAR wrote:pop the orange monster on 'ere so we can all have a larf :lol: ! er sorry I mean look. kind regards
Has it got a name, Marmalade perhaps.
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

The other club member who won an award was Dave Bradley with his EBAY AJS as featured in June Jampot! That makes 4 Amoc members out of about 11 awards.
raffles

Post by raffles »

Sounds like you all had a great time maybe the VMCC is so good that's why our members are preferring them ?

Food for thought ? Or just stirring?
Tony