Jampot

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Bazz55

Re: Jampot

Post by Bazz55 »

Harry44 can you get in touch please? I'm currently a non-member but serious about making an AMC single my first vintage bike, and I live in Taunton. Apparently I need a member to vouch for me before I can get into the Jampot, and it would make sense to travel together too. If you go by Matchless I can go by Guzzi, or if you choose the Pan I'll get the BMW out. I can't PM you as I'm not yet a full member.
Janet

Post by Janet »

Bazz, it's not simply a case of having someone to vouch for you, especially since you haven't been here long enough for anyone to get to know you. The Jampot is a private rally for club members with their families and friends. Therefore you would need a full member (?Harry44?) to add you to his booking/registration as a day visitor. As the responsible adult, he would then be accountable for your conduct and you would be obliged to buy beer for him and chocolate for the club president.

If you do go as a day visitor, make sure of your timings or you could find yourself on-site when most people have gone on a rideout.
Harry44

Post by Harry44 »

Bazz55 wrote:Harry44 can you get in touch please? I'm currently a non-member but serious about making an AMC single my first vintage bike, and I live in Taunton. Apparently I need a member to vouch for me before I can get into the Jampot, and it would make sense to travel together too. If you go by Matchless I can go by Guzzi, or if you choose the Pan I'll get the BMW out. I can't PM you as I'm not yet a full member.

Hi Bazz, I've only been a member a few months myself and this will be my first time meeting other members. I hope therefore you will understand why I have to decline.
si is does non opportunus vos postulo a maior pango
raffles

Post by raffles »

What a helpful club we are that's probably lost us a new member!
come on Janet there must be some way we can we can welcome this chap.
Tony
Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Perhaps prospective members would like to try the Westward Ho! as well? ;)
MikeM.

Post by MikeM. »

Now now Duncan, you know the new rules say club members only. Bazz55,what day were you thinking going to the Jampot or were you thinking of attending and camping for the whole event?
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

For various reasons, a club event is basically for club members only. It is the members that are paying for it. It does cost several £1,000 to fund a rally. Hopefully that cost recovered by admission fees from those attending. It is not unusual for members of any type club to take a guest. For which they will be responsible for their conduct. Also to comply with licences. As well as club and rally rules. Security is also a concern. Sometimes a rally can and has had problems with gate crashers, in the form of a small or quite large group. Almost 30 years ago we had quite a large group get to know about our rally and decided to come. They appeared to be Hells angels. They were disappointed having made the journey to attend the rally. So they joined the club. The group was called The B.U.M.S. They actually, in my opinion, turned out to be a good lot. I camped near them at the 1990 Jampot. Where I was called upon at last minute to entertain Fri. Sat. & Sunday evening. I had only just had a crippling operation. Seeing me struggle they instantly offered to help to set up camp. Also to hump my heavy disco gear. They continued as members for many years attending the Jampot rallies.

So I would say why not join our club and come along. You will certainly open up a door that will find you many friends, along with other benefits the club has to offer.
Janet

Post by Janet »

raffles wrote:What a helpful club we are that's probably lost us a new member!
come on Janet there must be some way we can we can welcome this chap.
Tony
I've sent Bazz a pm.
Bazz55

Post by Bazz55 »

It was suggested to me by a member, and I just thought it sounded like a good idea! I was hoping just to pop in for half a day to look at the various models and talk to owners. But now I think I'll check out the Velofellows instead...
Janet

Post by Janet »

I apologise to all members and non-members alike for driving Bazz away. I did send him a pm early this morning, before I posted my previous post on this thread, asking Bazz to contact me at the president's e-mail address which, unlike messages via this site, is open to all. I was offering to book him into the rally as my guest but I'd already done the damage. If Bazz reconsiders, the offer is still open.