No clearance under the wheels on the centre stand

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
ajscomboman

Re: No clearance under the wheels on the centre stand

Post by ajscomboman »

Rob Harknett wrote:
ajscomboman wrote:No need to modify the stand Rob, he'd be better off just buying a new easy roll on roll off one from me.(When they arrive that is) :beer:
It did cross my mind Rob, but I was not sure if your stands were to ease getting the bike on and off the stand. Also lift higher to solve this topic problem. I guessed correct you would take the trouble to advise.
The stand doesn't lift the bike higher but you can be certain it won't be bent. My G15 has 18" wheels and a standard stand and has loads of clearance. I suspect the original stand has the usual bent top lug issue
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

SPRIDDLER wrote:
ajscomboman wrote:No need to modify the stand Rob, he'd be better off just buying a new easy roll on roll off one from me.(When they arrive that is) :beer:
Would that be the 'SwiftLift'? (or the 'TosserProp').
Or a SwiftProp maybe the best one would be TossersLift both have a health warning :lol:
Roy
JEAN-NOEL

Post by JEAN-NOEL »

My bike is from 1965, so the Girling are O.K. When I bought it had 19" wheels, I fitted Hagon's in 1994 and they were a bit shorter. I am waiting to see the new stand.
Phank you all for your help.
clive

Post by clive »

please use the area of the forum put aside for adverts and not sneak them in here :twisted:
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

clive wrote:
please use the area of the forum put aside for adverts and not sneak them in here :twisted:
Nee naw, nee naw, wondered how long it would be before the forum police arrived! :rofl: :rofl:
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

ajscomboman wrote: Nee naw, nee naw, wondered how long it would be before the forum police arrived! :rofl: :rofl:
He's probably been struggling to get his bike on the stand before he could reply.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Janet

Post by Janet »

clive wrote:
Clive, he's hardly been sneaking them in. He's mentioned this roll-on-roll-over stand since before he went to Poland. :lol:
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

It is often difficult to refrain from mentioning something you have for sale, also for something wanted, on the forum.
Prior to having the forum there was also another consideration. There still is. Should the advert be considered members parts for sale, or a paid for trade advert. So often a gentle reminder may get made and be accepted re advertising rules. Issue resolved.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

I am with Clive Mr Swift should know better as the previous adverts Editor bit at least it keeps this posting live :o when are they due in stock. ;)
Roy
GOLDSTAR

Post by GOLDSTAR »

I had to weld a couple of pieces of box to the botom of my standard stand to enable the bitsa G80cs, 21" front 400x19 rear, to to even stand correctly, however the univeral Dunlop on the rear wheel was massive and really did upset any handling, but putting the thing on the centre stand was really easy, change the rear tyre to a metric size, wow did it now handle? but the downside was that it is much more of a chore to pull the bike up on the centre stand, I think the now fitted tyre is about an inch different in size but 'tis noticeable when using the centre stand, food for thought perhaps!.
Anyway owf to Sieguda Latvia on Monday for their biannual rally, raking the W/ng not the G80cs as my 'lil chum is taking his '34 BSA sloper, be interesting to see if any AMC machines turn up, Dorset Shed was threatening to ride up WOW! havn't heard from him in awhile so we shall see.
kind regards