Monobloc carb

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
g5wqian

Re: Monobloc carb

Post by g5wqian »

you could use the " stay up " float kit from amalcarb uk which has adjustable height tangs on the float if you want to play with float levels, the kit also comes with some information about which year of carb had which setting or rather which type of float bowl and seat bush depth .

as for the cut out for ignition , im not sure which kind of magneto you have but some may have had a metal tab on the magneto body which you can press to ground to stop the engine and others would have a particular style of contact breaker cover according to the year and either a push button stop directly on the cover or would have a fitting in which to enable a wire connection that was routed to a kill switch [ grounding switch] on the handlebars .

if you have an SR1 mag i think youll be able to find a suitable option to suit your need and if its a K1F K2F type then there are at least 2 options for you to fit breaker point covers .
Harry44

Re: Monobloc carb

Post by Harry44 »

Yeah thanks for that. The magneto is the wrong one for the bike it's an N1 with manual advance but the timing chain cover has a bulge for auto advance.

I'm sure I've seen a kit for a cut out for an N1 but can't remember where ? :headbang:

Its me age you know :D
si is does non opportunus vos postulo a maior pango