Video clip stats... I am stunned

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
ma120990

Video clip stats... I am stunned

Post by ma120990 »

Well just dropped a new file onto the old Youtube channel and out of the corner of my eye noticed the stats from an earlier clip where I try and start the old Ajay.. If the stats are to be believed, it's suggesting there have been over 600+ views of the file to date. To me that suggests: people who have trouble starting their own bike, people who want a laugh at some numpty trying to start his bike, general curiosity or simply wondering what all those levers do.. e.g manual advance retard, decompressor etc.

Looking at the numbers it might also suggest that to keep knowledge alive and to stop the bikes ending up as static exhibits, some kind of audio/video archive that could tap into all that knowledge might be useful before it's all lost.. If I could roll back time I'd sit pops in front of a camera and make him go through everything..!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejdIFIptvCs

as for me, I think it could well be good ole the numpty e.g... :rofl:
Ozmadman

Re: Video clip stats... I am stunned

Post by Ozmadman »

You have probably got lots of views as it is very informative and useful... not a bad video at all
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
bostonted

Post by bostonted »

Looked at the video, thought it was quite good, if you change the title to AJS 18cs 1956 i think you would get even more views, especially if any one is restoring one, and wants to know what a original should look like, the club has also been talking about getting new younger members, if a young lad wants to get a old british bike , no one in his familly may be able to help, he may have only had a electric start on previous bikes, and watching your video may help. In fact when i have posted this am going to view it again.Cheers
ma120990

Post by ma120990 »

Totally agree bostonted. I did feel that a library of short clips on various simple tasks e.g. cleaning points, fitting cables, changing bulbs etc and perhaps fault finding would be a good archive and perhaps a way of engaging with the younger set. For example I had no idea where the drain plug was on the 18CS till someone told me it was under the sump guard. Removed that and there it was. Now have a hold cut so that job becomes a lot easier now.