sad time

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
spicer650

sad time

Post by spicer650 »

hi members its with sad regret we of the kent section have lost 3 long term members this month. .mike chiles ...Cyril ford
Bill Hawkins both worked at the amc factory for many years' they
were a wealth of knowledge,they will be sadly missed..
:beer:
JimFitz

Re: sad time

Post by JimFitz »

I remember Bill from my couple of visits to the section and I thought that he was a really nice chap and certainly knew our bikes inside out. I do not think I have met Mike and Cyril but I am sure all three will be sadly missed.
Condolences from all at South Kent section.

Jim
Too old to Rock and Roll but too young to die.

1952 G80 rigid, 1960 G12 DL / Watsonian Monza, 1954 G80S.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Very sad news indeed. In their memory, we should try and preserve everything we have learned from them. Perhaps that being, unwritten history of life inside Plumstead.
I had the pleasure of meeting an old couple back in the 1980's, that worked at Plumstead, 1928 to early 1960's. Their stories of " Memoires of Plumstead " was written. It is archived here; http://www.jampot.com/article_read.asp?id=570 this is the revised version re- written by ex. AMC employee Bill Cakebread.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Bert, I knew Bill & Mike but not sure about Cyril, but I feel they were all stalwarts of the club in the past. Please convey our sincere condolences to the respective families, from all at the south Kent section.
MikeM.

Post by MikeM. »

Sincerest condolences to all the families and friends of Bill, Mike and Cyril from all of us in the Surrey Section. May they continue to ride their AMC machines in the wide blue yonder. MikeM