Clutch actuating lever jammed ❗️

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
1957M30

Re: Clutch actuating lever jammed ❗️

Post by 1957M30 »

Thanks to one and all for your input, it all started with a clutch cable breaking and the replacement (correct part) did not have
an inner long enough to suit the modified clutch etc.
Am glad to have had the cases off to see what lurked behind and can now make mods to the replacement cable ( shortening the outer
By 1 1/2") and making a thrush rod from scratch.
I will install another suitable washer between the inner one and the brass one as this does seem to lock it up.

Will keep you posted

Many thanks

Karol
Ride Safe & don'wear beige :lol:
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Well its been a long route Karole, but it has now been discovered what the problem was, and what you now need to do, the get what you have, running again. Make a note of the cable dimensions, keep it with your bike literature. Make yourself a spare cable. I never read the article about the AMC clutch on a Burman box. For which I gave you the link for. Did it give any tips or explain how to fit the clutch any better.
Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Karol

Have you seen this on the Archives?

http://archives.jampot.dk/technical/Tra ... Jampot.pdf
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Duncan wrote:Karol

That's the link I thought I posted as soon as it was discovered an AMC clutch was fitted Duncan, No comment was made, perhaps I never hit submit.
1957M30

Post by 1957M30 »

Duncan wrote:Karol

Thanks Duncan & Rob

Have just ordered up a selection of stuff that should resolve my issue and thanks for the
link........ am going to have a look at it in a mo................need to carry on a bit with the loft conversion.

cheers guys

Karol
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi

I'd seriously consider ditching the brass nut - it does nothing if the inner nut is properly secured, (otherwise all models would have them), if the inner nut is not properly secured the brass nut will obscure this, not a desirable situation.

Regards Mick
1957M30

Post by 1957M30 »

Mick D wrote:Hi

I'd seriously consider ditching the brass nut - it does nothing if the inner nut is properly secured, (otherwise all models would have them), if the inner nut is not properly secured the brass nut will obscure this, not a desirable situation.

Regards Mick
Thanks Mick
I forget to measure the back nut to see what size box spanner I need to tighten it up more.
will look into it tomoz.

Cheers

Karol 🏍💨💨💨
1957M30

Post by 1957M30 »

1957M30 wrote:

Regards Mick
Thanks Mick
I forget to measure the back nut to see what size box spanner I need to tighten it up more.
will look into it tomoz.

Cheers

Karol 🏍💨💨💨
Looks like the nuts 15/16" so have a thin walled socket and 24mm box spanner ordered.🔧🔧🔧
1957M30

Post by 1957M30 »

Box Spanner 🔧mod............
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1957M30

Post by 1957M30 »

1957M30 wrote:

Regards Mick
Thanks Mick
will look into it tomoz.

Cheers

Karol 🏍💨💨💨
Hi Mick
Can't dump the brass nut as it DOES serve to lock the nut below from unscrewing, because there is a spacer installed there is no room for a spring washer and that's why the brass locking nut is there.
Both nuts are now Locktited back in and alls assembled.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.