A worthwhile cause.

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Stuoyb

A worthwhile cause.

Post by Stuoyb »

Many of you will know Dave Speck who has been a stalwart of the club for many years.
Dave has been a regular attendee at club events and contributor to "Jampot" magazine.
At present he is undergoing some intensive treatment at his local hospital and always being up for a challenge has set about raising funds for the hospital department that is providing excellent care for him.
It would be great if members of the club that he has supported so well could show their support to his wortwhile cause.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding ... =9mnz538q9
rex.webb

Re: A worthwhile cause.

Post by rex.webb »

All done from me .
r w webb
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Me too.
Roy
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Add me as well.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Wouldnt it be nice if we could all chip in a few quid to help our old mate Dave, raise as much as he can
For a worthy cause.
Roy
vincentvv

Post by vincentvv »

All the best David, keep up the fight! Donation is on it's way.
Not fired is always a misser!
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

I had a message from Dave this morning to say many thanks for all the donations so far.
Roy
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

May I suggest what can be an easy way to raise money for a charity. Couple of weeks ago at a different sort of club meeting, I held a raffle. Prizes were donated by members. There was only about 40 people present, I raised £205 in just 10 minutes selling tickets. This went to a charity called Teddies for loving care ( TLC ) With money raised, little Teddy bear's are purchased and given the children's wards at Essex hospitals. Each child is given a teddy bear, this calm's them undergoing examination and keeps them happy in hospital. When they get better they take Teddy home with them. In just a few years this charity has spread nation wide at other ( section ?) meetings in England. More recently into Scotland & Ireland. So far over £4 million has been raised, as more and more hospitals are asking for the Teddy bears. So keep up the good work. Every charity helps someone in need. We also try to make donations via gift aid. This adds, I believe now, 22%, to the money donated via tax relief.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Ok but have you donated yet or will you be part of the collection on Thursday at club night.
Roy
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

No I have not donated to this charity yet Roy. I cannot donate to every charity. I make regular gift aid donations that goes to a central fund that supports many charities. By doing this the charities get what I donate plus 22% tax relief. I also do charitable work and have raised £1,000's. I think I am doing my bit.