Heavyweight sidestands

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
kernow kid

Heavyweight sidestands

Post by kernow kid »

Hello all,
Am i correct in thinking that the sidestand as fitted to my 59 16ms is the same as used on a 57 model 30 and a 59 12 DL?
I'm missing two sidestands...And having had a chat with the machinist at work, he said bring me one and I'll make you a couple ...So, is there a shortage of sidestands and where did they all go???
kk
Top tip - if it needs more than 2 bolts to hold it on, its probably important...
56G80S

Re: Heavyweight sidestands

Post by 56G80S »

Got mine from AMC Classics.

It was the cheaper option but works fine.

Johnny B
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Side stands complete with special nut and bolt, have been available from the club spares for years.
Stuoyb

Post by Stuoyb »

Sidestands are one of the items that we are still trying to re-source since Andrew Engineering ceased manufacture.
kernow kid

Post by kernow kid »

Ohhh ok, I'll see if they reckon they can do one and ask the boss how much he thinks we can make them for. We usually make slave winches for crab boats but on quiet weeks we will take on other jobs.
I'll post pics .
kk
Top tip - if it needs more than 2 bolts to hold it on, its probably important...
kernow kid

Post by kernow kid »

Ahhhh, the boss took one look and reckoned it was beyond our equipment, so no go, sorry.
kk