How do I download tech. Articles ?

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
sprungtwin

How do I download tech. Articles ?

Post by sprungtwin »

I would like to download all the articles on twin engine oil pumps but can only see the photo copies in technical articles section. I see the PDFs symbol but can,t seem to get any further. I am using a mini I pad if this is relevant.
Janet

Re: How do I download tech. Articles ?

Post by Janet »

I don't know if using a mini i-pad is your problem but on a desktop pc this is what I do.
Go to the technical articles page. You need to be logged in there as it's on a separate server from this forum.
Then find the article you want in the list and click on it.
For me. this brings up the article, as you say, a photocopy.
Along the top of the view there is a black strip and towards the right hand end there are some buttons. To download, you need to click the one that looks like a page with an arrow in it. This give a box with options to open or save file.

If I opt for save, it goes to my downloads folder.

On Glyn's tablet thingy, when he clicks on the title in the list, it comes up with a box asking to read now or save.

I don't know what happens with a mini-ipad but since desk-top and tablet are different, perhaps your device doesn't do downloads.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

I am sure you should also find an option to print. Look top right for an icon that is a printer picture. Click on that. next window click print. I believe the icon next to that showing printer and envelope, is the download/save option Janet refers to . That may not be seen the same as I see it using Windows PC.
sprungtwin

Post by sprungtwin »

Thanks for all your input , if I try and print the article all Imget is effectively a screen dump,the bit I really need to see is still obscured by the information panel at the bottom of the page,infuriating ! There must be a way to get rid of that panel , otherwise has anyone managed to get a copy of the article in question, it is the one that discusses the fitting of a plate to,the delivery pump to prevent the oil seeping out of the oil pump gear shafts.
JimFitz

Post by JimFitz »

Try downloading it and then open it from the download folder and use "save as" and give it a file name and save to your desktop. Close it down and then re-open the new file from your desktop and you should be able to print it or selected pages if it is a large file.

Regards

Jim

Ah - just noticed you are using a mini - ipad so the above may not be relevant. Perhaps you could try it from a PC if so.
Too old to Rock and Roll but too young to die.

1952 G80 rigid, 1960 G12 DL / Watsonian Monza, 1954 G80S.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Can you give clear info what article it is, Like section it is in and the title. If oil there's 61 articles, too many to read to try and discover which you want.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

sprungtwin wrote:I would like to download all the articles on twin engine oil pumps but can only see the photo copies in technical articles section. I see the PDFs symbol but can,t seem to get any further. I am using a mini I pad if this is relevant.
Are you clicking on the bold type of the article title, which will open the PDF file.
sprungtwin

Post by sprungtwin »

Hi Rob thanks for your response, the article I am trying to study is: tech tips, oil system (61) page 5of 7
Titled "oil pumps,sealing the twin pumps posted by Rinus Van Leest on the 1/3/1996.It seems to be what I need my m20 is wet dumping badly,and when I remove the timing case , Ican see evidence of a trickle down the face plate of the delivery pump.thanks again for your time and trouble, Jim Hill aka sprungtwin.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

oil pump tech tip.jpg
this one? I could e mail a jpeg file, but would need to send direct, I do not seem to be able to attach a file e mailing via the forum.
Send me your address to prewar@jampot.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dixter

Post by Dixter »

SpringTwin, when viewing a PDF on your iPad, look at the Icons in the upper right hand corner of the iPad screen. Select the icon that represents "sharing" this article. The symbol is a square with an arrow pointing north. This will open an Apple menu.

Scroll left to right on the top row (Message, Email...) and look for Add to iBooks. The IOS will add the PDF to iBooks, and you can go paperless and drag your iPad to the workshed, or from iBooks, print the document, by selecting the Share icon on the top row.

If by chance, you do not see a choice for Add To IBooks, go to settings, and add this choice to sharing.

Ciao,
Dick
Dick Casey
The RideNut