16ms on the old e bay

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
shifter

Re: 16ms on the old e bay

Post by shifter »

kernowkid
I hope so serviced the bike today and fettled a few little niggles but its looking good Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
?
Ozmadman

Post by Ozmadman »

shifter wrote:Thank you to all for the help and advice the seller (very nice gent) contacted me replying to my e mail and the bike was made in sept 1954 so a 55 model the ad had very little content but was spot on, I went to see the bike yesterday. Starts easy settles nice runs/rides very good lots of history and extras so a price was met hence not for sale anymore needs a few little jobs and a little T.L.C.
Again Thanks
shifter
Glad it turned out ok.. looks a nice bike
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
Expat

Post by Expat »

A nice looking bike. Seems like a good deal from Ebay!

Steve
Keep shiny side up.

These are my principles, if you don’t like them, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
Johnobirches

Post by Johnobirches »

Lovely looking bike - and a folding kickstart!
shifter

Post by shifter »

Yes the folding kick-start lever is grand, (but alas it and the solid steel crash bar is now on my model 20) This bike had a full rebuild 2013/14 and as I say lots of history and some spares came with the bike. The owner and his wife were at the I.O.M twice with it along with small local runs after he finished the rebuild off the bike has been laid up for most of last year and he was selling to get an electric start bike as he was finding hard to kick over now. I have serviced the bike i.e. checked the bike over drained and renewed engine oil and filter, primary oil, gearbox oil new gasket on cover plate as it had a small weep I hope that it cures the problem, adjusted clutch and brakes and other little items that needed addressing along with a good spit and polish for now, Still more to do to get it as I would like but that can wait till winter tinker
Now time to add a few miles to the clock, sun out today sat 8th so a 50 mile return run under its belt went well for its first good problem free run out apart from selecting first gear there is a slight crunch and the normal dare I say few spots of oil from the primary case. Are there any sort of rubber Cush drives at the rear wheel as there is a bit play and noise when I rotate the wheel to and fro ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
?