o/t to Malta

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
GOLDSTAR

o/t to Malta

Post by GOLDSTAR »

a few chums their wives and I are off to Malta later today to meet up with some Malteasers :rofl: we met on the Irish, 'tis their rally weekend and the four of us riding are being loaned bikes by their club members,
I contacted a Maltese amc club member to inform him of my visit and being a member of the amc club also, and perhaps making his aquaintance over the weekend, he replied that he was attending the rally and lending his G3l to a visitor, and guess what? that particular visitor is me! :beer: thanks Albert. kind regards
Merlin

Re: o/t to Malta

Post by Merlin »

Feels good when a plan comes together, enjoy the trip.
Chemists do it with test tubes
Expat

Post by Expat »

Yes, have a great time, it's a lovely island to visit and I'm sure it won't have changed much over the years, (visited in 1990).

Steve
Keep shiny side up.

These are my principles, if you don’t like them, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
GOLDSTAR

Post by GOLDSTAR »

well we are back having had a good time, Albert's G3L of 1946 vintage was good fun for the first day but our elderly companion, Dave Fox who was the original proprietor of Dave Fox Motorcycles Ramsgate, still extant, had a probem with the seating position of the 3TA he was loaned so on the second day we swapped bike, we had made a few VMCC shirts 'Men Of Kent' logo which we gave to those we met in Ireland with the exception of Albert who got the first prize with the gift of one of the AMC/Matchless club shirts given me when I attended tne NEC last year, he was suitably impressed, I hope eventually to get a picture of him wearing it which I will post in jampot, weather was nice, overcast on Monday, food was just to much! Roy has asked for a report for Jampot and if I can get hold of some pics from others I may well do so,for Expat, I cannot say if it is the same as 1990 but Dave who visited Malta a short period before this states it is nothing like he recalls it, dual carriageways and buildings everywhere. kind regards