General purpose topics/chat goes in here
cbranni

Ebay

Post by cbranni »

only dead fish go with the flow
bjork

Re: Ebay

Post by bjork »

Evening Colin, careful with that chequebook! I think it's interesting that three of the ads seem very similarly worded? Alarm bells going in my head but if I had the time (and money to spare) I'd be doing some digging in the hope of finding real bikes actually for sale.
Using yesterdays technology to create tomorrows problems today
Ozmadman

Post by Ozmadman »

Got to be a scammer at those prices!! bet they want a deposit/money up front. Ask to view the bike first and see what the answer is. Might just do that actually and see what comes back
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
kernow kid

Post by kernow kid »

Seller has 30 vehicles listed!! All sorts of stuff...
I've asked to view the Ariel... ;)
Top tip - if it needs more than 2 bolts to hold it on, its probably important...
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

It should be taken down! Keep your wallets in your pockets!!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
GOLDSTAR

Post by GOLDSTAR »

The Ariel was on ebay and sold 22/2 for, it states. £10999, item is no 112301748672, keep you hand on your wallet. kind regards
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

if someone has the time report all the listing to ebay.
Roy
cbranni

Post by cbranni »

It was all said tongue in cheek, being a keen buyer on ebay I can easily see the scams now, but I just hope innocent people don't lose money to these scum.

Anyone else notice prices are really high of late even good Lightweights are £3k

I usually fill in the ebay "report" page, the listing gets taken down in two or three days, maybe the seller has made a kill and moved on, I don't know

Colin
only dead fish go with the flow
clanger9

Post by clanger9 »

Definitely fraudulent!

Much as I'd love to have a mint condition Squariel for five grand, here's the original listing (complete with identical photo) where it sold for £10,099 in February.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARIEL-SQUARE- ... 2301748672

It looks like the sellers account has been hacked, because previously he only sold household goods. Now suddenly he has a whole warehouse-worth of classic vehicles for sale. Go figure. I'm not sure how to report an "account takeover" to eBay, but I've clicked on the "Report item" link that's over on the right at the start of the description section.

If anyone else can do likewise, it might help get the listings removed more quickly...
1989 Moto Morini Dart 350
1993 Ducati 750SS
clanger9

Post by clanger9 »

The fraudulent listings have all been taken down now. Amazingly, I managed to get through to a human being at eBay - on the phone (!)
Their automatic systems hadn't picked up on the account takeover, so they seemed grateful for the heads-up.
1989 Moto Morini Dart 350
1993 Ducati 750SS