2017 Westward Ho! Run

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
ajscomboman

Re: 2017 Westward Ho! Run

Post by ajscomboman »

Duncan wrote:
Seriously, I hope all goes well for everyone as I really don't want to be buggering around in the dark loading bikes.
Err, you did read the job specification before volunteering didn't you?
Yes I did and nowhere did it say that I had to be HAPPY! :rofl: When did you ever run across a happy breakdown recovery man? I've had to use them 2 times (no not for one of my bikes) and they've been a little grumpy to say the least. I'd say that I should fit the bill nicely, wouldn't you! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Janet

Post by Janet »

ajscomboman wrote:
Duncan wrote:
Seriously, I hope all goes well for everyone as I really don't want to be buggering around in the dark loading bikes.
Yes I did and nowhere did it say that I had to be HAPPY! :rofl: When did you ever run across a happy breakdown recovery man?
All the time. When they see my little bike they always laugh. Coming back from last year's WWHo! the recovery man near Bath said "You've come how far? ON THAT? :rofl: Then he rang his dad and brother saying, "You'll never guess what heap of junk I've got on my truck" and sent a photo. The reply from dad was, "It looks like a G2CSR." It turned out that said dad and brother were AMC 'nutters' whereas my driver with the newly acquired black eye was a modern sportsbike enthusiast.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Ok, I get the message! No derogatory comments about L/W's and I'll make sure you're in the back of the van where I can't be reached! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Harry44

Post by Harry44 »

ajscomboman wrote:
Duncan wrote:
Yes I did and nowhere did it say that I had to be HAPPY! :rofl: When did you ever run across a happy breakdown recovery man? I've had to use them 2 times (no not for one of my bikes) and they've been a little grumpy to say the least. I'd say that I should fit the bill nicely, wouldn't you! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I was an AA patrol for 25 years it was (in the old days) the best job in the world and I was always happy. :D

It was always a treat to get the chance to mend summat old and unusual
si is does non opportunus vos postulo a maior pango
Janet

Post by Janet »

I've just got back from another 70 miles run and discovered that I've lost a front tank fixing bolt. The spares scheme doesn't appear to have one 000364 so can anyone help me find out what I could replace it with. Unfortunately I don't know the specifications. Without it, my attempt at completing this year's WWHo! may fail before even setting out. :cry:
Expat

Post by Expat »

You have my sympathy Janet as one of the front tank bolts went walkabout from my G3 recently. I guess they are not the same, as it was listed as available on the spares site but in any case I was able to make one.
Now they are both wired on, as advised here by other members. ;)

Good luck with your appeal.

Steve
Keep shiny side up.

These are my principles, if you don’t like them, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi

Mr Surbey's excellent site lists part no 000364 as bolt 1" x 5/16" x 26 TPI

Regards Mick
Janet

Post by Janet »

Mick D wrote:Hi

Mr Surbey's excellent site lists part no 000364 as bolt 1" x 5/16" x 26 TPI

Regards Mick
Oooh, ta! I looked there after Jampot spares but couldn't find it.
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi Janet

Under miscellaneous

Regards Mick
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

000364 is a plain undrilled bolt, what you require Janet is (014997)
BOLT, FIXING PETROL TANK listed in section D petrol and oil tank. It may be that the reason for the bolt going walkabout in the first place is the thread in the tank mounting plate has stripped.