POPSIE WILL RISE!

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Tommy RE

Re: POPSIE WILL RISE!

Post by Tommy RE »

Sorry about the photos earlier, but for some reason when placed in line, they would not open. Also my son suggested that I add 'Phoenix' to her name as she has been re-born out of the flames. The front brake plate will not be repainted as it is the only bit of original paintwork surviving, Glenn didn't do a bad job of matching it though. with a few rub downs with paraffin and an oily rag or to the patina will return.

Regards,
Tommy RE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi Tommy

What type of lift is that you're using, if you don't mind me asking?

Regards Mick
ron

Post by ron »

YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB TOMMY KEEP IT UP
Tommy RE

Post by Tommy RE »

Mick D wrote:Hi Tommy

What type of lift is that you're using, if you don't mind me asking?

Regards Mick
Hi Mick the lift is an Eazy Rizer. Kindly load to me by Bjork, who mad fool that he is, is risking life and limb in the Himalayas on a modern Enfield. the lift is a British design and has a lot of bracket for different bikes with it. To raise and lower you use a battery powered drill or if you are a real masochist you can do it with a ratchet from a socket set.

Regards,
Tommy RE
Tommy RE

Post by Tommy RE »

ron wrote:YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB TOMMY KEEP IT UP
Thanks for the encouragement Ron.

Regards,

Tommy RE
Expat

Post by Expat »

Excellent looking job Neil, she's a credit to your determination.

Regards. :)
Keep shiny side up.

These are my principles, if you don’t like them, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
REW

Post by REW »

A great resurrection there Neil, congratulations! I think your son's naming observation is spot on - "Popsie Phoenix" perhaps? The wartime tradition of painting a name on the nose of a war plane could be repeated here, even if it were to be inside a toolbox lid.
Ron

1951 Matchless G3L thumping round the Durham Dales.
Tommy RE

Post by Tommy RE »

REW wrote:A great resurrection there Neil, congratulations! I think your son's naming observation is spot on - "Popsie Phoenix" perhaps? The wartime tradition of painting a name on the nose of a war plane could be repeated here, even if it were to be inside a toolbox lid.
HI Ron,

I'm not sure about the name change even though it is significant. as to naming the bike, I have a photo of my dad on a Matchie in Palestine in 1945 and the bike has the name Joan painted on the tank. I know that the Tankies used to name their tanks and I have seen pictures of AEC Matador gun tractors and Leyland Hippos with names painted on them.

Kind regards,

Neil
Tommy RE

Post by Tommy RE »

Well a very productive day up't' shed today. The Pannier carriers have been fitted, the multitude of bolt heads that needed painting have been painted, oil tank and primary chain case have been filled, magneto checked (nice big fat blue spark).

All it needs now is the zorst and footpads to be fitted and were are ready for the first fire up in eighteen months. I must admit to a bit of excitement starting (well only to be expected at my age) so this time next week she'll be of the bike stand and hopefully running. WHAHEY!!!!!!!

If they can't see me with my newly re severed headlight and uber powerful LED headlight bulb what hope is there?

Regards all Tommy RE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

Popsie is looking good, well done Neil!