(Alternative) Cyber AGM

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
silverarrow

(Alternative) Cyber AGM

Post by silverarrow »

I have offered on another post to host the inaugral aGM of the cyber section at the jampot rally and suggested 4.00 on the Sunday. That should be well clear of the Sunday Run and can be held in my caravan which should be easy to find with green VW Passat estate alongside and silver arrow VU754 outside. I am sure tea/coffee can be supplied together with a few dog biscuits if you fancy a byte. Les Smith
Keep smiling
Janet

(Alternative) Cyber AGM

Post by Janet »

Or perhaps some micro-chips.
lawrence

(Alternative) Cyber AGM

Post by lawrence »

Dear Les
As the newest member of the AMOC cyber club can I say what a generous offer you have made. I would love to come (if the offer included me?) but am in France that week. Hope you all have a good time though and that we can meet sometime. I look forward to seeing the photos on the website. Especially of the mysterious ‘Yorkshire Rose’!

Best wishes, Lawrence Howes
Janet

(Alternative) Cyber AGM

Post by Janet »

>

Who told you about the photos. How much do you want for the negatives?
Eamonn
Webmaster

(Alternative) Cyber AGM

Post by Eamonn »

You're all missing the point ! To have a meeting of individuals would not be a Cyber AGM - it would be a real AGM.

To resolve this problem, all Cyber AGM attendees need to bring along their computer equipment to the Jampot and then commune with each other from various caravans/tents/caves (depending on your origins). Tin cans and taught pieces of string would be an acceptable, though antiquated, option.
Corners like a Lego man
silverarrow

(Alternative) Cyber AGM

Post by silverarrow »

I'll be using a fishtail style megaphone, frequency 0-400rpm Les Smith
Keep smiling
Janet

(Alternative) Cyber AGM

Post by Janet »

I don't think I could carry mine on the back of my bike. With the tin-can option we could really be on-line if we used a clothes rope.
silverarrow

(Alternative) Cyber AGM

Post by silverarrow »

I could lay a rope down on the grass outside the awning onto which we could all stand and see how long we could stay on - line? Les Smith
Keep smiling
Eamonn
Webmaster

(Alternative) Cyber AGM

Post by Eamonn »

Sorry to be such a wet blanket (again!), but using a rope will not suit everyone - it needs extra bits to get this (co-called) broad-band system to work in a satisfactory manner.

Now I do have some larger treacle tins which should give better amplification qualities than the standard Baked Bean tin, anyone hard of hearing? Do we need to organise some poles to avoid getting our wires crossed?
Corners like a Lego man
Janet

(Alternative) Cyber AGM

Post by Janet »

Eamonn, you obviously know a lot more than we do about this form of communication so may I nominate you for the position of Cyber-Section chairman? Than you'll be able to keep us straight if we ever start to get a bit silly.

I should think that several years of Jampot runs will have had a somewhat dulling effect on the hearing, especially of those of more mature years, so the extra output of the treacle tins would probably be useful. However, are they compatible with the standard system or would we all have to change to the high powered equipment?

Finally, I know we usually get some Dutch people and some French, but Poles? I'm not sure about them.