Bike with Identity Crisis!

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
SPRIDDLER

Re: Bike with Identity Crisis!

Post by SPRIDDLER »

zwarts wrote: If I am correct, it was put together by the very man who founded this club way back in the '50's!
Could be.
I had a spud gun that colour.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
zwarts

Post by zwarts »

Haha, I take your point Neville, but my comment was a serious suggestion.
So, does anyone know to whom I am referring? You don't have to look far to find out.
thornebt

Post by thornebt »

I can see the club was founded in 1952 but I was minus 9 at the time so my memory is a bit hazy. Cheers. Bruce.
MikeM.

Post by MikeM. »

The person who was I believe an original founder member was John Trant and John is (was?) from Yorkshire. There are probably other members who know John but I haven't heard anything of him for some years now.
zwarts

Post by zwarts »

That is correct Mike. I believe this is one of John's bikes. Good to see it's still around - John built this in an attic room above his house and it took four of us to get it out and down the stairs! Personally, I like the colour, but I would say that wouldn't I.
1957M30

Post by 1957M30 »

thornebt wrote:I can see the club was founded in 1952 but I was minus 9 at the time so my memory is a bit hazy. Cheers. Bruce.

I was minus 6 but I now own that bike 😀 🏍💨
Ride Safe & don'wear beige :lol:
1957M30

Post by 1957M30 »

zwarts wrote:That is correct Mike. I believe this is one of John's bikes. Good to see it's still around - John built this in an attic room above his house and it took four of us to get it out and down the stairs! Personally, I like the colour, but I would say that wouldn't I.

Dear Zwarts................thanks for your input I would love to hear more about this machine from yourself or other members

cheers

ride safe

Karol
1957M30

Post by 1957M30 »

image.jpeg
:D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zwarts

Post by zwarts »

Hi Karol. I cannot really add much more to what I said previously. I was only involved in the last part of the build - getting it down to ground level from the attic room. However I can tell you that John Trant has been around these bikes for a very long time and knows what he is about - so it should be a good one. As far as I know, John is still around and someone in the Yorkshire section will be able to provide contact details for him. If you have no luck, please get back to me and I will see what I can find out. In the meantime enjoy your splendid M30.
Cheers, Bob.
1957M30

Post by 1957M30 »

Bob
Thanks so much for taking time to reply, I really appreciate it.
Yes the M30 has been built to a very high standard.
I have given it the once over and a Service ready for riding out as soon as any frost has gone.
Have also installed some amazing replacement LED lamps and a 12v inverter that is running some very unobtrusive indicators.
Given time I will post my workings on the forum later.

Cheers

Karol