Bike with Identity Crisis!

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
1957M30

Re: Bike with Identity Crisis!

Post by 1957M30 »

If anyone is interested I can post some of the artefacts pertaining to USJ 631 that John Trant has kindly sent here:
but will try an crack on with something for an Editorial in the Jampot Mag

this to me is a priceless piece of the bikes history................the stencil John made over 20 years ago for the rear numberplate......!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ride Safe & don'wear beige :lol:
thornebt

Post by thornebt »

Just needs a photo frame and a place on the workshop wall! Cheers. Bruce.
1957M30

Post by 1957M30 »

thornebt wrote:There is a bike with an identity crisis on Ebay. Matchless badges on the tank. It has an AJS engine and AJS badges on the side panels. It looks a bit daft to me! Bruce.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AJS-MATCHLESS ... 2312511998
Hi Bruce

You started this post back in October but I didn't get the bike till the 6th of December
so I wasn't a member till then but thanks must go to you for spurring my interest in this machine.
I couldn't have dreamt of the outcome. As far as the bike looks I am not changing a thing on it.
If it's good enough for John Trant..........nough said !!!

I can't see how BLUE AJ tank badges would look good on the RED tank apart
from if they where GOLD and not BLUE

Opinions welcomed as ever but......... I seem to get more protective over the RED ROCKET
as I work on it and check my nuts are tight... ;)

As soon as the Sun pops out I hope to ride up to Yorkshire to meet the man himself
thornebt

Post by thornebt »

Hi Karol

It's been very interesting to see the story of your Red Rocket unfold over the last few months, I never thought the post would run this long and I'm sure it will carry on for some time yet. I look forward to reading your article in the Jampot. I agree that you should leave the bike exactly as it is - I think in this case the history becomes more important than originality.

Cheers. Bruce.
1957M30

Post by 1957M30 »

thornebt wrote:Hi Karol

It's been very interesting to see the story of your Red Rocket unfold over the last few months, I never thought the post would run this long and I'm sure it will carry on for some time yet. I look forward to reading your article in the Jampot. I agree that you should leave the bike exactly as it is - I think in this case the history becomes more important than originality.

Cheers. Bruce.
Hussar........... 🗣 Totally in agreement watch 👀 This space for more about the Red 🚀
1957M30

Post by 1957M30 »

Mick D wrote:
alanengineer wrote:do you think the last owner works as a spray painter at the post office
Hi

Should have used a spray gun rather than Pat's cat to apply the paint then.

60's headlamp shell - Yorkshire club sticker on the rear mudguard.

Point of pedantry, but how can a 1998 registered bike have an historic registration?

Regards Mick

Seems like I have just found a colour match :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.