Transfer on Head-stem 1930's

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Matchie G3

Post by Matchie G3 »

Member No. 12701
Has any one ever had replicas made of the transfer on the Head-stem of girderfork Matchless' from the 30's? (1936) The transfer reads;-
MATCHLESS
Collier + sons limited
Plumstead
London
England
Neither the AMOC or the VMC appear to have this transfer, for sale.My G3 has the original "tatty" one on, but is about to be sand-blasted off as I restore the bike. Any suggestions??? avonrod@mweb.co.za
Rob.
silverarrow

Post by silverarrow »

Rob,

Do take a detailed close up photo and note accurately the pertinent dimensions & if possible lift off the transfer before renovation.

The VMCC Transfer Scheme are generally keen to include new transfers into their range especially when they are relatively a common design which I presume this is.

Let me know if i can help further.

Les Smith energy.man@fsbdial.co.uk
Keep smiling
Michael Starr.

Post by Michael Starr. »

In the same vein, does anybody have any information on what transfers would have appeared generally on 1920-1930s Matchlesses? I have a transfer on the petrol tank of my 1929 model V5, but no others anywhere, and was wondering if any others were applied at the time, since the bike I have has been repainted and the original transfers lost. I should like to add more, but only if these are appropriate.