Re: Frame Question

Post by shifter »

Thanks up here its called QR Quick Releace
?
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

shifter wrote:Thanks up here its called QR Quick Releace
To save confusion, its always best to refer to a part by its name given by the manufacturer. I was taught that when I was 16 by my local motor cycle shop owner. He always seemed to know what I wanted. He always insisted, after my being told the parts correct name, I ask for the part again using the correct name. Only then would he say yes, I have that price etc or it would have to be ordered.
Some 100 years ago AJS referred to QD wheels only as " detachable " also " detachable & interchangeable " for wheels that would fit front, rear and sidecar.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Rob Harknett wrote:
shifter wrote:Thanks up here its called QR Quick Releace
I was taught that when I was 16 by my local motor cycle shop owner. He always seemed to know what I wanted.
Ever tried to buy fork 'andles, Rob?

'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Expat

Post by Expat »

Or 'O's ? :rofl: :rofl:
Keep shiny side up.

These are my principles, if you don’t like them, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Think we must make a list of all the possibilities a part may get named as. :rofl: :headbang: :oops:
shifter

Post by shifter »

That clip of the fork andles brought back good happy times well for me twas nice seeing it again
?
MartinAmes

Post by MartinAmes »

Thanks for all your replies. It's not my frame, but one I was looking at on eBay.
Cerberus

Post by Cerberus »

A year or so ago, my wife and I visited the Cutty Sark. In the hold as an example of mixed cargo, were placed 4 candles and 4 wooden fork handles. Obviously someone in the exhibition staff had a sense of humour, but I suspect that it passed many of the visiting tourists by.
ksj_LAPSED

Post by ksj_LAPSED »

my friend [ a member ] is re building a 1955 mod 16 tis has the Q/D hub with solid pins , it turns out that these are worn and have strips of tin plate wrapped around them to take out the slop . Are the holes likely to be worn as well ? , are new pins available ? I can't find them in the parts book
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

ksj wrote:my friend [ a member ] is re building a 1955 mod 16 tis has the Q/D hub with solid pins , it turns out that these are worn and have strips of tin plate wrapped around them to take out the slop . Are the holes likely to be worn as well ? , are new pins available ? I can't find them in the parts book
The pins are in the parts list "pictures " pt. no. 021607, but are not listed. Unless you check the 55 master parts list, where it is found listed. Parts books were mainly used as a price list. anyway here's the part listed with its description name.
Ashampoo_Snap_2018.03.05_09h37m34s_001_.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.