Personalised number plates

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Christopher Howe.

Post by Christopher Howe. »

I was reading one of your magazines and it was saying something about a number CSR on the end of number plates and on my car my number plate
is J681 CSR. I was thinking that I will sell the number plate, so how much do you think I would get for it?
Chris

Biscuit
Deceased

Post by Biscuit »

Whilst I cannot speak for all the club members, I should think the majority are striving for originality. Quite a number of us have to accept 'age related numbers', either because documents have been lost or the numbers 'stolen'. I should imagine a 'J' plate on a '50's-'60's bike would be a definite no-no. Added to that many members find the buying and selling of registration numbers abhorrent. So to answer your question- zilch!

deacon blue

Post by deacon blue »

My well loved machine has lost its history because a money grabber like you stripped its original number for a fast buck without any thought for what the rest of us are trying to do,retain within reason originality. So what is someone who sells reg nos doing touting for buisness on this site?
Biscuit
Deceased

Post by Biscuit »

Well said John, I was beginning to think members didn't care. So, pinkies to the keys lads and give Mr Howe your opinion.

clive

Post by clive »

A less hostile response than some since I personally don't think the number affects the performance of a bike and thats what I ride it for. However it is not possible to put a number plate on a machine to make it appear younger than it is. Making it look older is fine. Therefore your J registration could not be fitted to any AJS or Matchless bike since they were all made well before J reg (around 1990 I think). You are going to have to try something else for your money as your number would seem to be worthless.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Janet

Post by Janet »

Coo! I'm glad I only make personal attacks and insult people on here. I'd hate to think I said anything that would provoke a response like this.
Biscuit
Deceased

Post by Biscuit »

Try Janet - try