Rose Garden?
Vegetable Garden?
Compost heap?

(I hope you realise I am only kidding.)
Biscuit
Deceased

Drag Racing

Post by Biscuit »

Hi Ian Those figures were from a 1976 road test, I would probably have to have a change of trousers if I tried it! The rev. counter mark has faded, so it pink lines at 10-12 K. Gear changing is no problem, I swapped them over, also on a W650, like the Matchless' the're both up for down and vice versa, the only problem remaining is remembering which gear you're in.

Janet

Drag Racing

Post by Janet »

Two men from Kent v one Yorkshire lass? not a fair contest, you need another man on your side.

Down in 5th gear my 400/4 does approximately 10mph for every 1000rpm and taking it to the red line gets a bit scary because it really screams. Its top speed is 105mph although I'm sure any with full Yoshimura kit on would be considerably faster. Hard acceleration requires playing the gearbox to its limit but you can bimble about all day in 6th.

I saw a 400/4 engine in what was allegedly a 1960's machine competing in Saltburn Hill Climb a couple of years back. Even with various bits taken off it I recognised it instantly. I wonder why the owner wasn't very pleased when I mentioned it.