Another war?

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Biscuit
Deceased

Another war?

Post by Biscuit »

Janet, Re. your letter in the 'Potty' regarding travellers from the East. I think the problem well may lack of suitable staff to check Visas and passports.

Janet

Another war?

Post by Janet »

Will that be because they will be spending so much time sending back the missionaries from the deep south who come up here with their beads and trinkets thinking they can convert us from rugby league to union?

I managed to sneak into Kent for last year's Jampot without getting caught by the border guards. I think this might have been because they had been warned to look out for families with AMC machines on trailers and a lone Honda rider fooled them.
Biscuit
Deceased

Another war?

Post by Biscuit »

You did well sneaking in on a Honda, I arrived on a setting up day on a Kawasaki and got kicked out! Don't know about Rugby, but it could be spending their time keeping the Tykes out of the Test Match squad.

Janet

Another war?

Post by Janet »

Getting in was easy. I just made sure the bike had an oil leak and by the time anyone realised it as not a Brit I had already crossed the frontier.

Once in I did experience some gentle anti-Jap hostility from one of the natives but this was soon allayed when the person realised that I had suffered deprivation (no chocolate) struggling alone through storm and tempest, navigating by the stars (very difficult during the day), evading capture, because I felt the people of Kent should have the privilege of meeting me.

And what happened? They all looked at me as though they couldn't understand me.
malc

Another war?

Post by malc »

Don't worry it's only the west coast of Yorkshire no such place as Lancashire. A Yorkshireman in exile
Janet

Another war?

Post by Janet »

Laughing out loud at Malcolm!