'46 G80

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
alpraphoto

'46 G80

Post by alpraphoto »

Hi Everyone, I'm thinking of getting a bike shipped over here in Dubai. I have a couple of questions; does anyone use ebay? I've seen the following machine which is exactly want I hanker after:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... Track=true
(copy and paste if you want a look)
They don't come up very often, and this one is a little incomplete and may end up over-priced, but sounds like a reasonable option. Any thoughts?
The other question is; do you think there'll be any problems with the lack of air filtration in a VERY dusty enviroment?
Also, if anyone has a 40s rigid 500 they're thinking of getting rid of, I'd much rather buy one from a trusted club member!
Best wishes to all

Colin F

'46 G80

Post by Colin F »

TAKE CARE!!!!
This bike has been on ebay for some time now... If you look carefully there is a lot wrong for the supposed year!
There was actually a competition on the Egroup to see who could spot the most flaws on it!
Janet

'46 G80

Post by Janet »

Hi Richard,

I've got no idea regarding your query but I just wanted to say hello and see how you're getting along out there. Is it a safe place to be?

What's happened to the bike you took to Spain? Can't you get that shipped over, or do you no longer have it?
alpraphoto

'46 G80

Post by alpraphoto »

Thanks Colin, that confirms my suspicions. It's funny really; in the ad he says it's 'ready to ride and enjoy' and 'runs beautifully'; but on closer questioning admits it hasn't been started since being stored for ten years! Some people!
Hey Janet! Thanks for the message, all is well in Dubai, which so far remains a very safe place to be. The ajay is, as we speak, being delivered to my cottage in Wales, where it will remain ready for use on my visits home. I can't wait to try it on those lovely country lanes! I hope all is well with you; sorry I've been absent; distracted by other things for a while. Once I get a bike over here, my appearances might be more frequent.
Very best wishes to all! And congratulations to the club on it's brave decision on the aquisition of NCB.