This month's poll

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Janet

This month's poll

Post by Janet »

I had to vote that I would not shop on-line because I do not seem to be able to send the money. I've tried putting it in the slot for floppy disks and the CD one but nothing seems to happen.
Biscuit
Deceased

This month's poll

Post by Biscuit »

You wont get anywhere doing that!. You need a SNAFU (Sterling Note Acceptor Facility Unit). These are available at all good computer retail oulets and Oxfam. Prices are around £99.50. Do not purchase a ENAFU (Euro Note etc.) in error.

Janet

This month's poll

Post by Janet »

Do they do a conversion for when we have the Euro imposed on us or will I have to replace the SNAFU with a ENAFU?
Colin F

This month's poll

Post by Colin F »

Due to the fact that when these bikes were built the Empire ruled the world and Sterling reigned supreme you will never be able to pay for parts in Euros. So no conversion will ever be required.
Biscuit
Deceased

This month's poll

Post by Biscuit »

Unfortunately, due to the flimsy nature of the euro notes (as befits its value against the Pound) the ENAFU is a completely different beast to the SNAFU, and the only option is to replace the SNAFU. I think you would be better off jumping on one of your combinations and hot-footing it to Kettering with pound notes at the ready.

Janet

This month's poll

Post by Janet »

As you know from a previous discussion I don't wear combinations in the warmer weather so would have to wait until the end of the year to be able to purchase my SNAFU. However, Colin has answered my question about a conversion so that is no longer a problem.
Biscuit
Deceased

This month's poll

Post by Biscuit »

Just a thought Colin. Most, if not all the bikes catered for in the Club's spares scheme were built after the demise of the Empire. I can recall the days when most of the school Atlas was coloured pink!.