New meeting

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Charlie

New meeting

Post by Charlie »

Is anyone interested in a pub meet within a 10 to 15 mile radius of Cheltenham with a view to forming a new section, subject to official approval of the club?
e-mail me at dp@classic.wanadoo.co.uk

RogerNorman

New meeting

Post by RogerNorman »

David. I don't wish to pour cold water on your idea but I would prefer that you talk to the chaps in the Worcester Section before you go too far.They have struggled to get a ection going for some time but do now seem to have the nucleaus of things coming together.
As you state, setting up a Section is subject to Management Committee approval and whilst we do not wish to discourage anyone, the restrictions are in place to protect everyone. As a general rule of thumb we try to keep each section a minimum of 25 miles away from each other ( a sort of sensible nights ride to a meeting place). Whilst I think you are more than this distance, with a Section that is struggling close by, you may suffer the same problem. On the other hand all of the new members notes come through me after they have joined up and there are a lot of members in the area that I send through Bristol. Confused - you will be!