Weekly quiz

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
quizmaster

Re: Weekly quiz

Post by quizmaster »

Well its Wednesday and no correct answers :D So a clue. This item was never chromed and was only fitted for a short while; :headbang:
"Hi-yo Silver and away"
quizmaster

Post by quizmaster »

oh joy, only two right so far and its Saturday 10.30pm. Very sneaky one this week but there is a clue in the photo. :rofl: I will pop back Monday and tell you what the clue was!
"Hi-yo Silver and away"
aobp11

Post by aobp11 »

Grrr, that battery lid was very mean. I thought of a battery cover but found it too unusual that the wire holes were at mirrored positions. Lucas Full Motorcycle Equipment shows only one (of many) covers having this. Normally the holes are in opposite corners.
Is there a penalty on wrong answers?

Albert
quizmaster

Post by quizmaster »

Glad you enjoyed that one Albert. Not sure where that lid came from but it may have been an Exide rather than Lucas battery! The only penalty is not seeing your name in the winners enclosure.
"Hi-yo Silver and away"
quizmaster

Post by quizmaster »

I am in Oz attending the Jampot rally so apologies for the delay in marking the quiz last week, all done now so if you got it right you should be in the winners enclosure. After paying all the airfares I was too poor to pay for Internet access whilst at the rally!
image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Hi-yo Silver and away"
quizmaster

Post by quizmaster »

:oops: Even more apologies for not realising the quiz had run out of pictures, I have put one up now. :headbang:
"Hi-yo Silver and away"
saltbox alf
Deceased

Post by saltbox alf »

Oh Mr Quizmaster, there's me thinking that plain green background was going to be the answer :lol:
Allons-y, amis de Matchless et AJS
quizmaster

Post by quizmaster »

Seasons greetings to all my victims, sorry competitors, many thanks for you participation this year. It's that strange time of year when I get confused because the club computer says it's already week 52 of 2016 even though there are 11 days to go, and the current picture will run til midnight on Xmas day. I have loaded a picture for the following week but I am not sure it will work. If it does IT WILL STOP at midnight on Saturday the 31st not the Sunday. So make sure you log in and make your guess before then as it will be the last of the 2016 season.

The 2017 season may or may not start on 2nd Jan depending on whether I have managed to beat the week numbering system held in the computer!

Oh and just to boast I beat you all on three occasions in 2016 :twisted: (with a little help from Rob H), look out for the article on the annual results in the Feb Jampot. I struggle to take enough photos especially of lightweight stuff, so if you have any please send it in to quiz@jampot.com and if I use one of yours, when it comes to the annual results, you get credited with a correct entry for that week.
"Hi-yo Silver and away"
quizmaster

Post by quizmaster »

Tuesday 2 Jan and the first quiz picture of 2017 is up :oops:

Oh it's only Monday not Tuesday so not that late after all .......... :headbang:
"Hi-yo Silver and away"
quizmaster

Post by quizmaster »

Not much activity on this forum for a while. Bit like this week's quiz. Is it too hot for you all? Only one try and that's wrong.
Is it still working I thought? So I sent in my entry, and it appeared for me to check. And I was right! Incidentally I got a notification on the screen that my entry had been sent for checking. Is this new? If not those who email to say their entry has not appeared in the winners enclosure would be advised to ensure they get this notification. Happy quizzing.
"Hi-yo Silver and away"