Weekly quiz

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
quizmaster

Re: Weekly quiz

Post by quizmaster »

Lockdown is upon us. My garage is 1 1/2 miles away. At present i am not going there but if it goes on too long i mAy have to take my daily exercise over there.
Meanwhile i don't have any parts to photograph. So if the quiz is to continue even in its current downgraded fashion (entries are not being marked because a number seem to go missing each week) i need you to send photos. Please send 2 or 3 photos at a time more overwhelms the server to quiz@jampot.com. they need to be at least 1mb when they arrive so please attach them uncompressed not embeded in the email. Please maintain at least 2 metres from your computer when sending.
Keep safe
"Hi-yo Silver and away"
quizmaster

Post by quizmaster »

Many thanks to those who have sent me photos. As it looks like we could be in for the long haul i have decided that i will restart marking entries and allowing the list of correct entries to be published starting from next Monday the 30th.

However can you all please note that sometimes, even when you get a message telling you your entry has been sent for checking, it hasn't or at least it does not arrive. If it does not arrive i cannot mark it. So take it as a lottery as to whether or not your entry gets marked. I will simply delete any complaints from the forum thread and from my inbox so don't bother sending them.
"Hi-yo Silver and away"
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Quiz master, you are supposed to now be wearing your mask over your nose & mouth
quizmaster

Post by quizmaster »

Well this week's quiz is proving difficult. Only two correct entries and nearly all the usual top quizzers have got it wrong. Things are not always what they seem to be. ;)
Let's hope lockdown does not get restarted but for those with easier access to their workshop than me could you send some possible photos to quiz@jampot.com . I have got a few weeks loaded up but I think I am in danger of repeating previous entries even though it's a new photograph. After 7 or 8 years of photos it's hard to see a new angle.
"Hi-yo Silver and away"
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

I knew it was a mince pie case but was not a winner. How did the winners know the pie was eaten by Quizmaster.
quizmaster

Post by quizmaster »

Rob I think I must have marked your entry as correct when the website was down. You are on the winner's list now, even though you failed to say who ate all the pies!
"Hi-yo Silver and away"
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Ah that's good news, I was wondering if I forgot to enter the answer ..........what ever it was.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Reference to mince pies reminded me of the excellent book by Bill Cakebread; 'Motorcycle Apprentice' recalling his days at Plumstead.

He mentions that although he was awarded membership of the institute of patentees and inventors he never used the letters.
His reason was that he didn't want to be seen as: 'Cakebread. M.Inst.P.I.'
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
quizmaster

Post by quizmaster »

Happy new year quizzers, just an attempt to out flank the grumbles. In order to cope with the fact that new year did not fall on a Monday, and to avoid part of the week having no picture, I have run the same picture for the end of 2020 and the beginning of 2021. I am hoping that when the "winners enclosure" is revealed on Monday evening both parts of the week will appear. But this does mean you may have to look in both entries to see your name.
New Year and a new idea for the quiz is coming up, blame the Chairman if you don't like it ;)
"Hi-yo Silver and away"
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

quizmaster wrote:Happy new year quizzers, just an attempt to out flank the grumbles. In order to cope with the fact that new year did not fall on a Monday, and to avoid part of the week having no picture, I have run the same picture for the end of 2020 and the beginning of 2021. I am hoping that when the "winners enclosure" is revealed on Monday evening both parts of the week will appear. But this does mean you may have to look in both entries to see your name.
New Year and a new idea for the quiz is coming up, blame the Chairman if you don't like it ;)
Don't stop at blaming him for changes to the quiz, blame him for everything!!!!!!!!!!! Takes the flak away from me for a change. :rofl: