Stolen bike Luton

General purpose topics/chat goes in here

Stolen bike Luton

Postby G15 Roy » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:56 pm

image.jpeg
Hi all see message posted on face book .

Stolen motorbike 😞

Last night, my dad's Matchless G12L was stolen from their garage in Luton. The bike was my grandfather's and then my dad's, and has been in our family since the 1960s. Everyone is gutted, please if anyone knows or sees of anything, let me know. I'm waiting to join some specific Matchless groups to post there also.

Reg: 845GKP
Matchless G12L 650cc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Roy

Re: Stolen bike Luton

Postby 56G80S » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:59 pm

Took a photo in case I see one like it.

Must be heartbreaking.

Johnny B

Postby cbranni » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:25 pm

Very sad news Roy, hope it's recovered.

Colin
only dead fish go with the flow

Postby clive » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:30 pm

The original information which Roy has copied was was posted on facebook by Chris Dunham with Carol Dunham.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix

Postby Pharisee » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:45 am

Sorry to hear that. I lived in Luton, on the edge of "Tin Town", and rented a lock-up garage which I shared with a mate. In the 6 years that we had it, it was broken into 7 times. The bikes were all secured to a concreted in ground anchor with a massive chain. We never lost any of them but anything that was not bolted down was taken. Police were useless and nothing was ever recovered. They reckoned it was school kids as the break-ins were all in the school holidays periods. In the end the property company that owned the garages asked us to leave as they said the cost of replacing the garage doors was more that the rent. I've now moved to rural Lincolnshire and have had no problems up here, fortunately.
I hope you get the bike back, but I'm sorry, I won't be holding my breath :( Ill keep my eyes open in case it turns up on my manor.

Return to General Topics