Ardingly jumble this weekend

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Stan Palmer

Ardingly jumble this weekend

Post by Stan Palmer »

Considering going to this, I normally do as it is quite close to me. They have spread it over two days. I am presuming this may be because numbers will be limited. It's possible to see a long wait in socially distanced queues, terminating in being turned away if the limit is reached. I looked on line but couldn't find if prepaid tickets are available.
Would be interested in others thoughts. Is the country teeming with jumblers champing at the bit to go, or is it going to be a slow start ?
Stan
g80csp11

Re: Ardingly jumble this weekend

Post by g80csp11 »

Stan , as a section we have decided not to attend this event , as the Sussex membership are mostly in the most risk age group
Its therefore personal choice if you go or not

We have not started club nights (other than zoom meetings), and still have less section runs than before

Its clear that society has started to unlock , but caution is still important and minimizing risk where possible , especially weer goods are being handled and crounds are possible
I personally cant see how even 1m social distancing is possible at a auto jumble
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Same here not for me far to early I was told this morning over 150 stalls booked.
Roy
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

I got the usual request to have a pitch, but decided that until the dreaded COVID-19 is down to minimal daily infections then I won't be going to Jumbles.
I will consider Kempton on 12th September nearer the time.
Stan Palmer

Post by Stan Palmer »

Thanks for the replies. I won't be going. I haven't been anywhere in the entire process except dog walking on empty fields. Seen a few trusted friends lately, but I don't fancy the crowds and the family would be aghast. So common sense this time.
Stan
clive

Post by clive »

I have been in touch with Mortons to see if they want to start advertising their jumbles again (Kempton etc) and they were still looking at what they intended to do. I have offered to put a post on our forum as soon as they let me know (and they restart their advertising in the Jampot!) I imagine they will want to explain what they are going to do to reassure both sellers and punters about social distancing since I imagine the majority of punters are over 70.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

See from Mortons.

The next Kempton Park will now take place on the 12th September.
All ticket and trade bookings will be honoured for this new date. However, if you are unable to make this new date, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Roy
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Stan Palmer wrote:Thanks for the replies. I won't be going. I haven't been anywhere in the entire process except dog walking on empty fields. Seen a few trusted friends lately, but I don't fancy the crowds and the family would be aghast. So common sense this time.
Stan
Well Stan did you go? Or did any one go?
Roy
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Yep one of my lot went but haven't heard what it was like but the picture I've seen didn't look great. I think Ian H is going tomorrow.
Stan Palmer

Post by Stan Palmer »

No, I didn't go. Had a long overdue clear out of paperbacks during the week and donated about two hundred to a local book fair. Managed to restrain from buying another load. I found enough interesting re-reads during the clearout to last me a year.
Will definitely go to Kempton if things remain calm.
Stan