raffles

Re: The Motorcycle show

Post by raffles »

Yes it was most of the time with Eric Cheaney at Fleet
Tony
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

ajscomboman wrote:Bud also rode Matchless, one of which was kept here in the Hampshire area.
Can't be the same one I have here, as that's a AJS and recorded built by Eric Burgess.
Roy
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

G15 Roy wrote:
ajscomboman wrote:Bud also rode Matchless, one of which was kept here in the Hampshire area.
Can't be the same one I have here, as that's a AJS and recorded built by Eric Burgess.
You need to ask the Mallet when you see him at Kempton as it was Uncle Jim that looked after Bud's bikes.
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

spookefoote1956 wrote: Now, the more I see him, the more of a door handle he becomes! :lol:
It's not just me that thinks that then ;)
His favourite words of moment - unbelievable, iconic, seminal and eclectic - all used at regular intervals and liberally supplemented by assorted malapropisms. Quite a big door handle in fact.

Steve (wot also despairs of those people who begin a sentence with an inappropriate 'So', or use 'of' where it should be 'have')
JimFitz

Post by JimFitz »

Greybeard wrote:
spookefoote1956 wrote: Now, the more I see him, the more of a door handle he becomes! :lol:
It's not just me that thinks that then ;)
His favourite words of moment - unbelievable, iconic, seminal and eclectic - all used at regular intervals and liberally supplemented by assorted malapropisms. Quite a big door handle in fact.

Steve (wot also despairs of those people who begin a sentence with an inappropriate 'So', or use 'of' where it should be 'have')
...........and all spoken in the voice of Baldrick. If HC ever says "I have a cunning plan" then we will know for sure. :D

Jim
Too old to Rock and Roll but too young to die.

1952 G80 rigid, 1960 G12 DL / Watsonian Monza, 1954 G80S.
cbranni

Post by cbranni »

I thought it was Baldrick too, who is more entertaining than a door handle.

Colin
only dead fish go with the flow
Stan Palmer

Post by Stan Palmer »

I thought the programes were entertaining. But I have two Triumphs and I love Ducatis. I also have a 1/16 plastic scale model of a Manx Norton so I am surprised Henry didn't turn up to grill me on my deep knowledge of Nortons. Maybe if I had attributed the model to some previous famous owner...
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Vistas - HC's current favourite.

Johnnhy B
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

How about his favourite activities?
1. Riding a Norton the length of the UK on TRADE PLATES. Though in fainess, if the appalling reliability of my mates brand new £15k Norton is owt to go by, that's still quite an achievement :?
2. Overtaking and habitually riding on the wrong side of solid white lines
3. Using a non-road legal Davida pudding basin on a regular basis (ok, maybe thats being a bit picky as it's only likely to affect him unless he adds to the NHS burden as a result)

Perhaps amend 'door handle' to 'male chicken' ? :roll:
Steve