Back on the road again

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Tommy RE

Back on the road again

Post by Tommy RE »

:D
That is the size of the grin on my face after taking my beloved G3 WO out on the road for the first time in 3 1/2 months since my spinal surgery. I got the go ahead from the Physio after last evenings spinal rehab session at my local hospital. I went for a quiet bible in the lovely autumn sunshine through the little lanes in Worcestershire near my home and felt no Ill effects after. Only covered about 15 miles, but had a nice cup of tea and slice of cake at the National Trust cafe at the Clent Hills car park. Hurdle gone over :beer:

Tommy RE
Expat

Re: Back on the road again

Post by Expat »

Great stuff :beer: :D
Keep shiny side up.

These are my principles, if you don’t like them, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Tommy RE wrote: Only covered about 15 miles, but had a nice cup of tea and slice of cake at the National Trust cafe at the Clent Hills car park.
Brilliant Neil. I know how wonderful that feels too. If you'd ridden 150 miles it wouldn't have been any greater achievement. It's so easy to take these simple pleasures for granted.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Take it easy, Neil!! Remember it is a " rigid!".
Alan [Morini] Jennings
spookefoote1956

Post by spookefoote1956 »

Nice one, take it easy and enjoy.
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

Great news Neil,

So pleased for both you, and Popsie (is she still phoenix as well?).... a new chapter for you both.

Good luck
Peter
Andy51

Post by Andy51 »

Great to hear you and Popsie/Phoenix are both well, happy riding! Andy
Tommy RE

Post by Tommy RE »

SPRIDDLER wrote:
Tommy RE wrote: Only covered about 15 miles, but had a nice cup of tea and slice of cake at the National Trust cafe at the Clent Hills car park.
Brilliant Neil. I know how wonderful that feels too. If you'd ridden 150 miles it wouldn't have been any greater achievement. It's so easy to take these simple pleasures for granted.
Too true Neville, it just felt great to be out. I hoping to get a bit more in before the weather turns with my local VMCC section as they tend to chose the quieter roads and not too long a trip between stops.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Tommy RE wrote: Too true Neville, it just felt great to be out. I hoping to get a bit more in before the weather turns with my local VMCC section as they tend to chose the quieter roads and not too long a trip between stops.
It was nearly 3 yrs before I was fit enough (and brave enough) for my first ride on my adapted Matchless; just a few times around the camping field at a rally. It ranks as one of my most memorable rides, ever. :D
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

The important bit is " (and brave enough) ".

Not a popular thing to say, but it took me a few miles after my relatively recent "offs" before I got full confidence back.

And it was the same with knee surgery. My squash game took a while to return to all out effort.

Go for little and often and everything will fall into place and you body will get time to adjust and fully heal.

Best wishes

Johnny B