steib sidecar s250

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
vincentvv

steib sidecar s250

Post by vincentvv »

Hello everyone,

I bought a sidecar in holland a few weeks ago. A steib s250 but it seems quite hard to find information about it. Don't even know how much where build. Anybody has some expertise on steibs? (I know it's not english but just trying)
Not fired is always a misser!
Thunderbolt

Re: steib sidecar s250

Post by Thunderbolt »

Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

From what I recall of Steib sidecars, is, they were silver alloy like a torpedo shape. Very much like a 1920's AJS sidecar, which was featured in Jampot magazine not so long ago. This was a replica built in Germany.
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

Vincent if you Google ‘STEIB S250 sidecar' you get German and Us pages coming up. The S250 was a lightweight for smaller machines, there was also an S200, as on Shed and Buried (Quest TV).
vincentvv

Post by vincentvv »

Well I also found the seitenwagen website and I contacted them with the same question. They have some spare parts but they don't know how many where made and he told me probably noone does since all the papers dissapeared together with the original steib factory in '80.... Just have to find the one with the highest number I suppose. They could tell me the model was quite rare for they have only made it 2 years.... It's in the garage ready to be painted!
Not fired is always a misser!