Stafford Motorcycle Show

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
alanjennings

Re: Stafford Motorcycle Show

Post by alanjennings »

I'm coming on Saturday, Janet- if I see you looking lost outside I'll guide you in!!!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
Janet

Post by Janet »

Thank you. Would you like to buy some raffle tickets?
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

Janet, the traders entrance is next to the parking field at the traders entrance, if coming from Uttoxeter it is about 400 yards on the left after the main entrance, drive in there and you should have room to park, if you are not too late.
Janet

Post by Janet »

Thanks Dudley.
Janet

Post by Janet »

I went to help man the stand on Saturday and my old memory may be wrong but I think there was a total of seven of us working throughout the day. I hope those who are also there today are coping. I left home at 5.15am so as to already be at the gate when Ian Massey arrived to give me an exhibitor's wristband. The directions and recommended time of arrival were excellent and all went well. The stand with bikes had already been set-up so we just had to put out the membership forms, pens, badges, stickers and, or course, raffle tickets before the general public were let in. Space was limited, both for the six bikes and on the two counter tops. Still, we had a spot for a collection box for the Joan Seeley Pain Relief Memorial Trust and we received an early visit from Colin Seeley.

Visitors were scarce to begin with, probably because they'd have been sidetracked as they wended their way through the outside stalls but numbers picked up and, at times, we had people queuing up to look at the bikes, ask questions, take photos. Due to lack of knowledge, I couldn't help much with the technical stuff but I could chat about the club and its doings and was able to assist the people who were desperate to pay a small sum for the wonderful opportunity to win the raffle bikes. The first prize was much admired but there was also great interest in the 2nd prize AJS Cadwell.

We had club members dropping in to say hello in passing, some of whom I knew, others I didn't. I won't mention anyone in particular so that I don't offend someone I forget, or those whose names I can't remember but it was good to meet all of them.
Johnobirches

Post by Johnobirches »

Nice to meet you too Janet.

John
(Looking at rear wheels, thanks Alan- great advice from Roy - got sorted with Mitas tyres)