Insurance

Put your recommendations for services in this area. No negative or defammatory comments allowed. Only club members can make recommendations
Stuoyb

Insurance

Post by Stuoyb »

Just had my car and bike insurances due - within a few days' of each other.
My 'bikes - one modern plus Matchless & Ajay are on a Carole Nash multibike policy. My car was insured separately. After a discussion with Carole Nash, all vehicles are now combined on a "six-wheeler" policy - fully comprehensive, this has saved me almost £300 over the two separate insurances and has a full benefits package of legal, foreign travel, UK & Europe breakdown/recovery.
It seems that this polciy is their "best kept secret" as the car side of CN didn't know anything about it but their 'bike dept. was extremely helpful.
stevie

Insurance

Post by stevie »

Interesting, Stuart. When I asked the 'multibike/rider policy' question my insurers were startled in the headlamps and seemed to have no knowledge of this at all. In the 'eighties (remember them?) I had this type of policy all the time and it always seemed the fairest way of doing it.
After all, I may have more than one bike but I only enjoy the luxury of one bottom!
CN have received some (fairly) derogative press on here of late so it's nice to hear someone saying something positive about them.
If a man speaks in the forest and his wife is not there to hear him is he still wrong?
Cerberus

Insurance

Post by Cerberus »

Just had my reminder from Peter James, the premium is actually less than when I took it out a year ago, and I've added a second bike.
db133

Insurance

Post by db133 »

Just moved from CN to FJ saved £100.
Kind regards

Scolli

Insurance

Post by Scolli »

This year (2011) I decided to give Peter James a go and what great service and a fantastic price I received. £88 for fully comp, recovery and legal cover. This was for three bikes: Matchless G3, Tiger Cub and (sorry guys) a Yamaha 535. CN wanted £195 for same cover - I think it was the Yam that pushed up the price.
Regards - Tom
Scolli
Tolly

Insurance

Post by Tolly »

Just renewed both my Matchless's with Peter James, just over £73 fully comp with legal and breakdown cover. You must give them a try .

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
Rob Harknett

Insurance

Post by Rob Harknett »

Finally made the move from Carole Nash after 26 years with them. They were not too helpfull and offered no cover should any bike not be complete, they backed down a bit now my insurance is due, but, all I got was, we may consider etc etc. if you bike is incomplete when stolen damaged etc. as to whether or not they will cover me.
Peter James, ( formerly James of Footman James ) Gave good service, higher bike value cover,a at a saving over Carole Nash of £66.30p for 9 bikes full compt & one off road ADFT. I saved 38.6% Work your own quotes out roughly by assuming you'll pay 3/5 ths. I had been loyal to CN for 26 years but finally just had to leave them, being unsure if a bike being worked on would be insured. As, if not complete a claim would only be considered.
Dick Hobart

Insurance

Post by Dick Hobart »

The real joy of being with Peter James is that they answer the phone within 3-4 rings and you get a real, very helpful and efficient, human voice! You can't put a price on that. Does wonders for the blood pressure!
rex.webb

Insurance

Post by rex.webb »

WOOP E ! WOOPE !
GOOD OLD PETER JAMES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sir Stirling Moss has joined him now.
That says it all for me ,i have been suporting Peter for Years.
RIDE with CARE and LIVE LONG to ENJOY your BIKES and Scooters .

Insured with Peter James.
r w webb
Rob Harknett

Insurance

Post by Rob Harknett »

All true, re responce time to e mails ( out of office hours too ) phone calls without the so called needed front out house must have, recorded voice that tells you to press buttons, wait etc. ring ring hello blah blah all done. Also the first time I have been asked for my club membership number.