Leightons

Put your recommendations for services in this area. No negative or defammatory comments allowed. Only club members can make recommendations
mikeydpippin

Leightons

Post by mikeydpippin »

Two seats in as many years, and both fit perfectly.
Been trying to save a few quid buying via e bay, and find no seat fits my Ajay model 16, contact Leightons, what can I say, yet again, excellent quality and looks the part.
Very knowledgeable when it comes to seats for the marque.
Just hope company's like this doesn't go the same way as Andrew engineering.
Mike
Ozmadman

Re: Leightons

Post by Ozmadman »

Didn't even realise they were closed? When was that?
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
Janet

Post by Janet »

As far as I'm aware, they (Andrew Engineering) haven't closed yet but, due to imminent retirement, have stopped manufacturing. Therefore they will, cease trading when they've sold their existing stock.
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

I too cannot recommend Leighton's highly enough. When I was looking of a seat for my G15 Andrew sent me a base and foam to modify (on trust) and I sent it back after a bit of cutting, to fit around a non standard rear mudguard, and received a perfect seat in a matter of days. Only when I had the seat was I invoiced, and the cost was only the extra postage higher than the cost of a standard seat!

Real shame about Andrew engineering.
BRobbo

Post by BRobbo »

Janet wrote:As far as I'm aware, they haven't closed yet but, due to imminent retirement, have stopped manufacturing. Therefore they will, cease trading when they've sold their existing stock.
This quote appears to relate to Andrews Engineering but in context could be taken as referring to Leightons. Indeed I heard it mentioned at last nights Section meeting that Leightons were closing so I rang them this morning and was assured they have no intention of so doing and have many ordesr in hand.

In view of the confusion which has arisen I thought it was worth clarifying the position
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

I've amended Janet's post to make it clearer.
Corners like a Lego man
teebee67

Post by teebee67 »

I have just bought a Model 31 CSR seat from Leightons and I am very pleased with it, superb fit and workmanship.
I'm only old on the outside.
Lowen1981

Post by Lowen1981 »

Anyone got a link or details of leightons please.
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

Corners like a Lego man
Beefheart

Post by Beefheart »

Just collected the seat for my G3 project, from Leighton's, the base was rusty ragged and missing chunks it now looks as good as new. Price was much less than I expected! A very pleasant and knowledgeable man to deal with highly recommended !!