Saftek

Put your recommendations for services in this area. No negative or defammatory comments allowed. Only club members can make recommendations

Saftek

Postby MalcW » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:55 pm

Hi

Based on other entries in this forum, I sent my front brake shoes off to Saftek to be relined. I posted them at around 1.30pm yesterday - today, I got a call from them at about 2pm to tell me they were done! Now that's what I call service.

I have no connection with the firm, just a very happy customer.

Malc

Re: Saftek

Postby Greybeard » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:45 pm

Thats an opportune review :D Ive just been looking at their site. Out of interest, which type of lining did you go for and did you have to send the back plate etc? Naturally being a yorkshireman the next question has to be 'how much?' ;)
I want to get new linings on the G80 and the M31 - perhaps others in due course.

Regards. Steve

Postby MalcW » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:33 pm

Hi Steve

I went for their Standard Duty linings, and I only had to send the shoes themselves. Price was £34, including return postage. I phoned them first, and the guy said they do it on a fixed price basis. If you are sending both sets of shoes I would phone them for a price, as I guess postage would be combined.

I just had a call his afternoon from a local company to say my new tyres are in, so I'm looking forward to trying out both tyres and new brake this weekend - weather permitting...

Malc

Postby Greybeard » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:09 pm

Thanks for that, Malc. Another job for winter firmly on the list.

Steve

Return to Recommendations